Friday, May 30, 2008

Friday!!

Wow its hot out...................very humid too.........you start sweating as you are walking out the door, I hate this humid weather.........The week has been decent up until yesterday and today. Very hot.........we got way too much rain last week, it rained every single night.......then I think it was Monday, we were getting ready to have a bbq on the front porch since it did look like rain....well sure enough it did pour!! and golf ball size hail.......some were bigger, but mostly golf size I kept waiting for the car windows to crack, but thankfully they didn't and the hail didn't last...........but it sure tore up our roof............we have been having problems with our back roof for some time now...........since we moved in here...............but nothing got done with it, so my father put some more tar paper and shingles to cover those areas, which worked for awhile..........but not Monday.......we found out utility room almost flooded, rain was pouring in from the roof and the back wall........and in my walk in closet.............I had to move everything away from that corner......my clothes got wet, a shelf got wet, some bedding got wet............the carpet.............oh it was a mess............the landlord called around to some roofing companies, but so far no one has called me about coming out to look at it.

This is a little red bird on a stump, I got the pattern from Etsy, and it came out cute........I didn't really make it for anything particular, will use it for an amigurumi swap in the future probably.
A side view of the bird and stump
I am working on a patriotic swap and here are a few things I have done so far..........I am also working on a bookmark for the swap too.....but took a break. LOL I also need to add a button on the towel holder, but forgot to get a patriotic one when I was at Walmart today. I did let the boys each pick out a movie......Aiden got a Thomas DVD OF COURSE!!! LOL and AJ picked out, "Water Horse" that should be a good movie. I am sure we will watch them them tonight sometime.

I know there are some storms around Kansas, but hopefully none are coming our way. LOL


3 comments:

Lesalicious said...

Loving the bird on the stump cute. I to hate it when it's to hot out grrr makes me want to stay under the air condition. Great job on your latest projects as always.:)

Dragonflymom said...

Thanks Lesa.......I hear ya on the air conditioning........I am so happy we have it.

Yarni Gras! said...

the little bird is sooooooooo cute! hope all is well!