Saturday, July 03, 2010

Saturday

This is a pattern I tested for Alisha, an Amigurumi Beach Babe......she came out cute, I added earrings to her and some eyelashes.....I did spend a long time on her hair........I wanted to make sure it came out right. I love the pattern.
Another pattern I tested, this time for Caroline, she calls this one the "Rectangle Uglee" and it came out cute........I did a star and cirlce eye..........Aiden took this from me......it works up fast and very easy. She really gives some great advice and tips with her patterns.

This bear is a Crochet a long we had in our Crochet in common group, for the month of June.....I did this one in I love this yarn from hobby lobby, in white, and made it for Aiden, who also wanted the sweater on it........the bear also has a collar in pink camo, that Aiden requested as well. I think this bear came out cute, and I just finished a pink one for my friend, Melody. She named hers, "Lizzy Bear"



My goofy Aiden trying to be cool. LOL
We haven't had any rain in awhile, but today our 20% of showers turned into 100%, I woke up to rain rain rain.........all day........we got soaked running to walmart to get some charcoal and then to get some fireworks........I did not buy as many fireworks as I have in the past........I usually went overboard with them, and it would take us 2-3 days to set them all off, not this year......We are going to have friends over and have a bbq........on the list of dinner...
Hamburgers
Chicken tenders
Chips N Dip
Fresh Vegetables cut up
Sweet Corn on the cob
Some kind of Pork N Bean bake.....(yuck)
homemade coleslaw
homemade potato salad
I think that is it.......I will try to get pictures this time.
Decided to call my brother, which was a mistake.........he and his wife are seperated and Charlie decided a divorce would be best, she has put Dylan my nephew in harms way, but doing drugs, drinking and smoking dope a lot..........since the marriage started, it has been constant battles with her and her always trying to commit suicide......so finally my brother said no more..........anyway he told me that he is giving her primary custody of Dylan......hello???..........he complained about the money being taken out of his check for insurance..........then said Texas is a mom only state, meaning that they don't care if she is abusive, on drugs or what, they ALWAYS give custody to the mom unless they are in prison..and he doesn't have the money to fight.......so he is putting his son in harms way......he said he has a method to his madness by making her see that she can't handle it and then he will go to court saying he needs custody....she gave up her first son.......she can give charlie primary custody and have visitation.the last time they split up, she had her "new" bf shoot at her with a gun.......run her over...........and she had Dylan with her....I was furious at my brother...he was married once before and had two beautiful kids with his first wife, she cheated on charlie during the marriage and wanted a career having kids for money...........they divorced and she asked Charlie to sign the kids over to her, and she would "sell" them to this couple......and then pay for the divorce...........he agreed...........and I hated him so bad for that.......I missed out seeing them grow..........and now have no relationship with them, even though Danielle is on my facebook, but they don't know us, they don't remember us, and I feel like a stranger to them.......cody will have nothing to do with us saying we are not his family.....it hurts...........but today hearing what my brother wants to do.......is wrong........and I could not crying............I am devastated that I will lose my nephew or see him get hurt. I had to hang up on my brother..............



1 comment:

Crafty Christina said...

The test toys came out so cute! We're going to a BBQ today too. Yum!

So sorry to hear about your brother. It sounds like a really hard situation. I hope he gets custody of his son.