Tuesday, November 13, 2012

 
What a busy month so far!!  I can't believe Thanksgiving is next week.  I am looking forward to it though.  I am pretty sure we have all we need for it.  (I hope) 

I was worried we wouldn't have any leaves this Fall with the heat of the summer we had, but just look at the piles!  3 are from the yarn alone, one is from the driveway, and the other is from that little area by the road.  5 piles of leaves!!  Austin got into trouble last week, so part of his punishment was to rake the front and back yard.  Well he couldn't do it this weekend as the wind was just awful!  So Monday he did this, and even raked the neighbors yard as well.  I think our neighbors are great, but I also had an ulterior motive than just being a friendly neighbor, I didn't want her leaves blowing into our yard!  LOL  We still have the back yard to do, but that can wait.  It gets so dark so fast, and with Austin coming home so late from school. 

We had a great weekend though, Austin marched in the Veterans parade with JROTC, Aiden and overslept because I had been up with him most of the night.  (he is sick)  But we did get up in time to make it the parade with about 15 minutes to spare. 

After that, we went to the grand opening of the Train Show in town.  Aiden liked that, I like the smaller scales, I think they are cute!  Other than that, we visited with friends, and mainly just relaxed. 

Austin joined the high school swim team, they had their first practice today.  I am so proud of him joining up.  I want him to enjoy high school, and enjoy all the things he can get done.  He is doing so well in JROTC is moving up in rank and now with Robotics over, he is doing swim team.  I just had to go to Dicks sporting good to get him a swim cap and nose plug.  I need to get him another pair of swim trunks, but the ones they need start at $40.  So I got one pair, and will get him more later this week or next. 

Aiden is doing really well too.  He had to go the dr with a nagging cough......he has been sick on and off since Halloween.  He has the croup!!  Hopefully it eases up! 

Well I hope those of you who signed up for the Symbols of Life Crochet a long are enjoying it.  Remember there is a Ravelry group as well. 

No comments: